Nicola Ulivieri is a Telecommunication Engineer, PhD in Information Engineering, with various years of experience both in the academic area and industry.
Author of various scientific and informative publications, his main activity is the project and developing of automatic measurement, control electronic systems and the developing of data analysis software (here an example of IEEE1451.4 compliant system realized in collaboration with JLM-Innovation).
Part of his activity was also carried out abroad (UK, at Sensor Research Laboratory - Univ. of Warwick; Spain, at ISP - Universitat de Barcelona ), as well as in international schools as lecturer.
In 2012, his project "Solar Cookers" was rewarded for the contest "Siena Carbon Free 2015".
- PhD degree in Information Engineering (Electronics) from Dipartimento di Ingegneria dell'Informazione of the University of Siena.
Thesis title: "Developing, modelling and integration of olfactory electronic systems", April 2003.
- Graduated in Telecommunication Engineering at the University of Siena.
Thesis title: "Development of an aroma sensing system based on a gas sensor array", Oct. 1999.
Research - Teaching
- Research associate at the Dipartimento di Ingegneria dell'Informazione of the University of Siena, 2002-2006.
- Lecturer at Fourth NOSE II Short Course, Analipsi, Crete, Greece, 9 - 14 October 2005
- Guest for one month (1Mar-26Mar 2005) at the Dept of Electronics of the University of Barcelona (Spain), for a collaboration supported by NOSE II network.
- Guest for 6 months (1Feb-31Jul 2002) at the School of Engineering, University of Warwick (UK). Winner of a scholarship from NOSE II (Second Network of Excellence on Artificial Olfactory Sensing) for the partial financial support of the above mentioned visit.